The most significant repair yet

I found these pictures in my archive and thought they’d be interesting for others as well.

In preparation for the upcoming hurricane, Irene, in August 2011, we had moved Tioga to a mooring in the much more protected harbor in Lynn. However, as we felt uncomfortable leaving the boat unattended during the storm, I decided to stay onboard. But even that did not prevent the significant damage we had to get repaired. Tioga broke loose (the mooring chain broke) when I was down below. The boat drifted from the mooring sideways into an old dock that had a couple of large bolts sticking out. That’s when I found out I had problem and a couple of holes in the hull.

Anyways, after an interesting time making it through the tropical storm, we managed to get the boat to Crocker’s boatyard in Manchester and had it repaired.

  

          

   

  

Advertisements

Tioga has a name

It took us a while to get a name back on our boat. After the tropical storm created by hurricane Irene required a new awlgrip job a few years ago, we also lost the old lettering.

Once the paint job was done, we knew that we wanted to install an Aries windvane and therefore decided to the installation to find out how much space we had left for a boatname. Now that we are about to leave for a longer trip, it was time to finish the job.

Anyways, as you can see, Corinna designed and ordered the new letters. We even managed to install them centered and horizontal with not too many bubbles.

IMG_3503 IMG_3504 IMG_3505 IMG_3508 IMG_3506