We got a lot of things done today.
Although Ulf and the captain spent a fair bit of time on conference calls, a lot of our action items got done:
– all foul weather gear was washed (in the inflatable) and dried (by pulling it up the mast for all to see) – 3 of 8 sleeping bags were washed and dried
– all boots were washed
– all ripped out hinges and door knobs were epoxied back in place – lose screws were tightened
– the pedestal hole filled
– the port water tank emptied out
– the clutches on the mast were cleaned, tightened and reinstalled
– most importantly, the screws of the vang bracket were replaced after drilling and tapping larger threads and using larger screws!! -…
Great team work and good to see it all come together.
The captain managed to squeeze in some time to listen to Jimmy Cornell (who is hosting an all week cruising seminar).
That is also the reason why the harbor is packed with ocean going vessels that we will check out soon; a lot of live-aboards and interesting sailboats for sure.