We spent quite some time by now analyzing the weather and how to make the best of it while in Norway.
Our current hot topic is when do we sail around the southern tip of Norway. With the gale developing out there right now, we will have wait probably until Fri afternoon or later.
To put us in a better starting position, we will leave Kristiansand in the afternoon moving closer to Mandal. Tomorrow we will try to get closer to the corner to be ready to get going north asap.
With the current forecasts it looks likely that from Sunday onwards the wind will be from the North and with that good for a crossing to Scotland.
Below are a few impressions of Kistiansand from the air: